Thursday, November 12, 2009

Can Too Much Showering Cause A Yeast Infection

Ilona Andrews: On the Edge (The Edge 1)

It's been a while since I've read this book, I have not reviewed only forever. Now, I finally sat down and I can say one thing in advance: Read!


On the Edge (The Edge, #1)

Genre: (Urban) Fantasy, Paranormal Romance

Content:
Rose Drayton, lives in "the Edge" a narrow strip that marks the transition between two opposing worlds: "the Broken" is what we know world in which there is Walt Mart, Firearms and no magic. On the other hand, is "the Weird" is a certain magic of world attention, the blue-blooded aristocrats in the fates.
Rose changes every day to Broken in order to earn a living for herself and her two younger brothers. would After Weird they never put a foot. In her youth Rose committed the stupidity, to reveal that it can draw far better than other magic Edger. Then arose not only Edge residents, but also droves of Weird aristocrats on their doorstep to them (by force if necessary) to marriage and thus to "persuade" young production. Meanwhile, although it is quieter, but the fear remains. Rightly so, it seems that one day the blue-blooded magician appears Declan Camarine and unambiguously makes clear that he will not return without his wife to Rose as Weird. While Rose still is busy trying to clarify Declan that she rather shoot a hole in the knee, as will his wife, suddenly appear dangerous monsters on the peaceful Edge. It quickly becomes both clear that they are dealing here with an enemy that must defeat them, they do not want to risk the destruction of Edge.

My opinion:
Ilona Andrews is in this country, if at all, rather for her urban fantasy series by Kate Daniels announced. "On the Edge" is her first foray into paranormal romance. But it would be Ilona Andrews not, if this book is really just a cheesy love story with supernatural characters would be. Rather, "On the Edge" entertaining and interesting (Urban) Fantasy with nasty monsters and a Romance element. I mean, what love story begins with the fact that the heroine strikes down a zombie, who was once her grandfather?

The world concept (Broken, Ege, Weird) is obviously not very new or original, but while reading the book, it has nevertheless Sun I love how this author again and again for a smooth and convincing world their stories, designs, without having to invent too much complicated bells and Schack and bore the reader with explanations of their world building.

convincing Similarly, their figures. There are a number of great supporting characters, which I will not say too much, except: I love Rose 'little brothers.
The protagonists, Rose and Declan could be the typical romance novel couple. She is strong willed and stubborn, he stuck up, incredibly handsome and also stubborn. So just what one reads in the Romance and what so often bores me terribly as a rule. The exciting thing about Rose and Declan is that these figures are lined with a personality. Both are more than the usual romance novel masks. If you notice Rose is learning at the beginning, you know Declan however only in the course of the book. At first I had from him the same impression was probably rose at the beginning: a typical alpha male, good looking, but little character. But when Declan starts with Rose and her family to interact and to learn more about his real motivation, this figure is getting more and more in depth. The expected budding romance did not last, therefore, a good timing. Rose and Declan to know each other in the course of the book to know better and the End, it is actually feeling and respect for each other, combine them and not the mere physical attraction that makes so many romance couples fall within the first 100 pages in the sheets.
The only thing that really drove me up the wall, that was definitely too frequent mention of Declan's dazzling appearance. That was a little, as if to Ilona Andrews must always remember in between: the moment, too much action, too many monsters, so I write romance, so again hastily mentioned how delicious is my hero. If she had not actually been necessary. Ilona is in any case best when it is gloomy and funny at the same time and happened only in the romance of Limonite.

In fact, it but the first book in the direction of "Paranormal Romance" I've really enjoyed (and is, Jeanie Frost in the direction, and I liked Volume 1). Somehow, I resist it I actually a little bit to describe this book as a true paranormal romance (although I've done in this meeting is not exactly rare * g *). Many PR novels are completely focused on the love relationship, the plot behind it is more decoration. The feeling I was not here. There is a separate plot that would have worked even without the love story. Then there are the typical Andrews ingredients: great humor with a great sense of slapstick and some really disgusting and horrific monsters. On the other hand, I must admit that the romance between Rose and Declan still makes up a significant portion of the book.

Anyway, I had a sleepless night and a lot of fun with this book. However, I prefer the "Kate Daniels" novels. On the one hand, because I romance in my books, in smaller doses may, on the other hand, because, as mentioned above, find that the action Ilona Andrews last term is more urban fantasy. Nevertheless, I will next year be in the bookstore and Volume 2, by the way, is "Bayou Moon" hot tear to me.

(quite honestly. Ilona could write anything at the moment and I would buy it, the author simply hits a nerve with me would have been different I was not even getting them to buy a book with this cover. Even if he is in certain circles that promotes sales well: I think the blond guy stuck in the corner just terrible and have it immediately bonded with the price tag)

0 comments:

Post a Comment